What matters at Easter time


Have you noticed some shops have stocked and displayed easter decorations en masse in the same way we are used to seeing christmas decorations in all their many and varied splendour?
Does anyone go all out for easter decorating in the same way they would for Christmas?

I must admit to enjoying placing a few rabbits and an egg or two around the house - and I did bring out some of my treasured Victoria magazines to become inspired about wonderful ways to use eggs/flowers/hats/bunnies to adorn the table/home.


I even toyed with the idea of trying to make these extremely cute baby chics (from the Design Mom blog), I mean aren't these just the most adorable things you've ever seen? (And they're so small, so how hard could they be?)

www.designmom.com
But in the end, between packing for going away, and the general chaos of life, the easter "trimmings" seemed just a bit too much to be bothered with.

Far more important to me has been taking the opportunity to read the Easter Story from the Bible, with my kids in bed each night. Because after the shock and sadness of Jesus' betrayal and death, when darkness fell and all seemed lost..


...comes the great joy of reading about what came next:

something I wouldn't have missed for the world!

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
(New International Version)

Comments

Popular Posts