- Learn to use my NEW SEWING MACHINE! (Thank you Mum! This was a great Christmas gift, and I'm sorry if I ever said or inferred that you were not a good gift giver, because after Dec 2012, that is like totally untrue.)
|Ellie is wearing an outfit Mum helped me sew from an easy peasy pattern. |
My hopes of replicating this project on my own are not high, and I've already watched the Singer DVD about 3x!
- Enter at least THREE short story competitions, not with any expectation of winning mind you. I just need a few deadlines in my life to increase my blood pressure levels. Low blood pressure is a constant worry of mine..
- Get new bookshelves for the girls room and paint them in pinks to match their room.
- Make something seriously crafty so that I can sell it on Etsy. (Do you need more than one item to open an etsy shop?)
- Re-read the Narnia series by C.S. Lewis; Harry Potter (all of them) by J.K. Rowling; and re-watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies (sorry J.R. Tolkien. I know my limitations.)
- Paint a decent picture and hang it on a wall in our home.
- Get brave enough to hang a collage of pictures in our TV room. Here's my inspiration (thank you pinterest):
|Country Living UK via Pinterest|
- Sew new curtains for the cubby house that the kids will be proud of.
- With Martha Stewart as my guide, sort out the Tupperware cupboard, once and for all!
- Teach the children to read music and learn some basic piano (well maybe ONE of the kids, more than one might be pushing it..).
- Master a new form of technology/social media (no I can't be more specific).
- Grow some stuff in the garden - the possibilities are endless here, and now that I've opened this Pandora's box, I'm far too tired to look at what's inside!
|My Christmas petunias miraculously didn't die on the 45degree day we had last week. |
The hydrangea bushes were pretty fried though.
- Take Arch to the park once a week (maybe more than once, but I'm trying to be realistic here) and not spend the entire time wishing I was somewhere else.
- Attempt the 15 minute workout several times each week, that I saw on the Real Simple program on cable in Dec 2011. Yes, it's taken me a full 12 months to reach that resolution. I feel better already.
- Finally finish my Christmas bunting (started in 2012 and now aiming for display in Dec 2013 - yeah!)
So many goals, so little time.