New Year's Stuff

New year's resolutions are not my thing. It's not that I don't have aspirations, hopes and dreams...but I'd rather save myself the disappointment of setting them in stone, and then realising (by November if not February) that I'm not going to travel to an exotic foreign destination this year, or sing a duet with Cliff Richard (unless his people call my people), or publish my first blockbuster (unless, well, you get the picture..).

I have come to realise over the years (and yes, I am getting on) that many of the 'ambitions' I used to have for myself don't matter so much in the big scheme of things. Life is short and every day is a gift from God. So with that in mind, I'm thinking of ways to make a difference to the ones I love best. (However, if Cliff's people do call, I am sure I could fit the duet into my busy schedule.)

Making the most of every minute of our annual family summer holiday:


Remembering to cuddle the kids, and not just when they're crying: 


Encouraging imaginative play (no electronics), even when it does start to resemble Lord of the Flies:


Enjoying the silly times with kids instead of just enduring them (because life is NOT JUST about the serious stuff, like using the correct cutlery): 


Getting back in shape this year (hahahaha) AND mastering the art of some spectacular desserts, like this divine raspberry and cream meringue cake:


Writing letters to each of our sponsor children every month (why is this so hard for me? if Eleanore can do it, then so can I!):

http://www.compassion.com.au/child_list.php

Letting my kids know they are loved, every day:

Comments

Popular Posts