Autumnal Antics

Sydney's Autumn has been pretty special so far. The weather has been fabulous. There have been weekend trips to picturesque parks, summery temperatures, spectacular sunsets and a crispness in the early morning air that has returned my favourite accessory - the scarf, back to its rightful place: strewn all around my room and hanging from every door knob. I love scarves more than I can say. (Check out my Pinterest board) I have quite a few. Besides warding off scratchy throats they are a small fashion item that packs a punch.

Fear not if your jeans are too tight, your top has toothpaste marks, your shoes hurt and your hair is blah - a scarf can give you the confidence to stride stylishly through your day.

Seriously. Remember when pashminas were all the rage? Super warm they provide an instant shot of warmth, a shawl, blanket for the knees or even, I recall, a fashion fix for split trousers (Gwyneth P!)

Which brings me to Sophie Digard. Have you discovered her scarves yet? They are the bomb! Check out this website for a glimpse at her range - truly works of art. A french designer who works with linen, silk and wool, colouring her threads with natural (glorious!) pigments. She then works with a team in Madagascar, using traditional methods, to crochet and work them in to wondrous creations. The end results are (expensive!) and unique.
There's a new stash in a shop near me. I joined a flash mob of women all swooning at the sight and feel of theses beauties:




Here's some pics of our Autumn fun. The leaves haven't dropped in our usual haunts, but here we found a great collection.






And then there's the sunsets.
Words fail.




From the rising of the sun to its setting The name of the LORD is to be praised.
Psalm 113:3

Comments

Popular Posts